Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Prince of Wolves by Quinn Loftis review

Book 1 of the Grey Wolves series



Summary from Goodreads:
Jacque Pierce was just an ordinary 17-year-old girl getting ready to start her senior year in high school in Coldspring, Texas. When a mysterious foreign exchange student from Romania moves in across the street, Jacque and her two best friends, Sally and Jen, don't realize the last two weeks of their summer are going to get a lot more interesting.

From the moment Jacque sets eyes on Fane she feels an instant connection, a pull like a moth to a flame. Little does she know that the flame she is drawn to is actually a Canis lupis, werewolf, and she just happens to be his mate; the other half of his soul.

The problem is Fane is not the only wolf in Coldspring, Texas.

Just as Fane and Jacque are getting to know each other, another wolf steps out to try and claim Jacque as his mate. Fane will now have to fight for the right to complete the mating bond, something that is his right by birth but is being denied him by a crazed Alpha. Will the love Fane has for Jacque be enough to give him the strength to defeat his enemy, will Jacque accept that she is Fane's mate and complete the bond between them?

I came across this book while search for a new book to read on my Nook Color in January of 2013.  This is a self published book by Quinn Loftis.  I actually picked it up for free, and I could not put it down.  I loved it!  I found it funny and sweet and very enjoyable.  The story is a romance but has a bit of action in it too. 

I am going to try to avoid spoilers but still give you an overview of the story.  This is the first book in a 8 book series (7 books that are all available and 1 prequel that has not yet come out).  This book revolves around Jacque and Fane.  Jacque is your typically teenager with two great friends Sally the level headed one and Jen the loud mouth who says whatever in her head.  She meets Fane when he comes to the States to study abroad.  They have a instant connection that Jacque doesn't understand and before Fane can fully explain to her someone else tries to take her away from him.  Drama ensues! 

I love the way Quinn explores the wolves.  This was one of the first books that I read about werewolves and it really changed how I always thought of werewolves.  They are no longer scary but sexy!!  
  
It did have it faults as a self published book the version I downloaded was in need of a bit more editing, however Quinn has subsequently put out a new version that has been revised and edit.  Even with the need for editing I still found the story to be very engaging.  When I started reading I did not want to put it down.  When I find a book that I really like I will drag it every where with me and stay up to ridiculous late to finish.  This was one of those books.  I did not want to put it down.  It made me laugh out loud on several occasions.  I just loved the character of Jen and I think you will too.

I plan on getting my hands on the actual books to add to my shelves as soon as I can.  I really want to see how different the book version is from the ebook I previously purchased.  I hope that too different because I loved the story.

Overall I would give this book 4 stars (the only reason it is not 5 is because of the need for a bit more editing)  I would recommend this book to anyone that is a fan of werewolf books. 

You can pick it up as a ebook or paperback through Barnes and Noble and Amazon.  I think the cover is beautiful and I have added it to my list of books I want to purchase the actual book.

If you want more information about the book or other Quinn Loftis books check out the Goodreads page for Prince of Wolves or Quinn's page both linked below:
http://www.quinnloftisbooks.com

Until next time...Happy Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment