Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Percy Jackson and the Olympians series review

Percy Jackson and the Olympians series 
by Rick Riordan



I love this series and I figured that instead of writing a post about each book since I read them so long ago that I would just do a review of the series as a whole.

This is 5 book series that is made of the following books:
The Lightning Thief
The Sea of Monsters
The Titan's Curse
The Battle of the Labyrinth
The Last Olympian

The basic plot of this series is a about a half-god boy name Percy Jackson who sets out on different quests with his friends to save the Greek Gods.  Each book further the story, and really need to be read in order as the plot overlaps all the books and expands with each new installment.  Rick Riordan is the mast of the cliff hanger, likely for new readers this series is completed so there is no waiting to see how it ends.  However he does have a continuing series with the same characters and new ones, “The Heroes of Olympus,” that is still being written with 4 books already available and the next one set to come out this year.

Overall I loved this series.  It was fun read and I would read again and again for the pure enjoyment of Rick’s story telling.  These are super quick reads that made me laugh out loud on many occasions.  Definitely pick these ups.

I give these books 5 STARS.  I would recommend these to anyone that likes fantasy, action, and humorous books.  Thank you Rick Riordan for a super fun series.



Until next time…Happy Reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment